Monday, August 1, 2016

Watch where you step it's dark out here.

First off thank you so much for your inspired addition of the talk. It really helped to answer some of my prayers. 
Hello family! This week went by alright. There has been a dramatic fluctuation in the weather recently which gave me a cold all last week. It wasn't an easy week by any means but we got through it the best we could and kept on keepin on. 
One funny/scary thing that happened this week was when I and my companion were walking home along the roadside in the dark on the way back home. There are no road lights so it was creepy. I had done it a million times before but was never scared. We were passing a certain spot where there was a deeper part of bush. I looked down into one part that was closest and saw what I thought was a rock. I studied it more and thought it was a sleeping goat. As a car's light shined on its smooth top it moved and looked me right in the eyes. It was a person crouched down in the bush. I jumped like ten feet in the air grabbed my companion, who was busting up laughing, and walked faster and faster. Yeah haven't walked there since!
We are having two investigators who are very powerful! Their names are Daniel Antwi and Evans. They stay in a place called New Edubiasi which is about 45 minutes drive and 8 cedis in and out from Asonkore. They are so powerful and have come every sunday since we met. Please pray for them. We are trying to baptize them on the 21st of this new month. Because of the distance and cost of getting there. It is very rewarding. 
Well another transfer has come and I will still be here in Asonkore with Elder Larson! I have come to love this place very much. The work truly is divine and is controlled by the Lord. I have seen that it does take a lot of work to do the Lord's will, but it is always more rewarding in the end to see how far you've come. I think you all remember that when I came to Asonkore, the area was dead and my companion was not supportive. Because of the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ the area is now alive and kicking. We are looking forward to success and are working hard to hold on to what we have. 
Love you all! Until next week! 
Elder Walch

                                          Elder Larson and I eating lunch. Mmmmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment