Monday, August 1, 2016

More trust in the Lord.

Glad to hear that you are having a good week getting everyone back to school! I miss high school small small. Not all the drama caused by it but the fun things. 
For my birthday, we didn't really do anything. I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't need anything. Or maybe its because I know there's a package somewhere with my name on it.... My companion did buy me a Chelsea jersey with matching shorts that I wore at our football match today! He's the best. Oh and Elder Asabere keeps asking for the family members favorite colors and I keep forgetting. 
This week went by somehow uneventful with a whole lot of failed appointments. We will continue to work hard and hopefully fill the week with success. . 
Mom thanks so much for your testimony on the Plan of Salvation. It really is amazing to know all these sacred truths and not be kept in darkness. 
So this week we went to a place called New Edubiase which is on the road to Cape Coast. Which is so far away to meet with a referral called Daniel Antwi. He is powerful and has come to church the past two sundays despite the lorri fare of 14 cedis in and out. It is touching to see his level of devotion to the gospel enough to the point that he is willing to pay so much to come. With this in mind, there are members who stay very close, like the next town, who complain every time about transport. As we discussed this issue in branch council yesterday, I contributed that members in the branch need to increase faith and  make the sacrifices necessary to come to church. The fare from the closest towns is 80 pesewas which is the equivilant of 20 cents. The thing that I think we can all learn from this illustration is that God will bless those who seek his will and allow them to achieve all the things that he asks them to do. Just like Nephi told his father Lehi, "I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he hath commanded them." It is very true. I urge all of us to trust the Lord enough to make the necessary sacrifices to do the Lord's will. It won't be easy, but it was never easy for the Savior, so why should it be easy for his servants? 
Love you all tons!!! Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment