Monday, August 1, 2016

"Just a small boy of 19 in Africa."

Hahaha I'm just a small boy! Out in Africa as a 19 year old making big boy choices. Go ahead and eat my favorite foods.... It'll make you people miss me more. 
Thank you for all the stories and things! This past week went by very well! We worked hard each and everyday and the rewards so far have been very great! Yesterday at church there were so many things that were miraculous. To start, we had 7 investigators at church! 3 came late but four were on time. They all said they loved it so we will be looking forward to following up on their experiences this next week. The next one was also fantastic! A recent convert who we have been working with who had received the Aaronic priesthood. He passed the sacrament this week and it was an amazing experience for both me and him and his family! The joy on my face the entire Sunday I'm sure could be seen from miles away. The next thing was another recent convert called sister constance gave the most powerful talk I have ever heard in Asonkore branch! She's only been a member since January and is so powerful! The last one that I can say is one about a man called brother Samuel. He is a Polygamist. He has only missed one day of church since the missionaries contacted him a year ago. He is extremely powerful. About a two or so months ago when I was with Elder Naawu, he told us that his second wife went to church at Seventh Day Adventist and came to him and said she wanted her salvation so they should divorce. He was so so happy to tell us this great news. Yesterday he told me and Elder Larson that the second wife's father came to Obuasi for the culture parts before the actual thing. Come to find out, he is an endowed member of the church! I'm going to guess he is alright with this divorce! 
With all these past miracles in one day, I have come to see that God prepares his children for the things that they have been foreordained to do. As I studied in Jesus The Christ this morning, I read chapter 3 which talked about the need of a Redeemer. One of the subtopics touched on the topic of foreordination. It was powerful to say the least. But anyhow, it was great to see this past sunday as proof that God is aware of us individually, as communities, as nations, and of course as his children. 
I love you all! Here is a picture of me driving fufu!
Love, Elder Walch

No comments:

Post a Comment