Monday, August 1, 2016

Beans...

Hello family! So on a request from my father I will try to give a more detailed account of the week!
So starting from last week monday: Elder Larson and I are still companions. We went to the market and bought 4 cups of beans! That's a lot of beans. They are super sweet and Elder Larson taught me how to make them super good! Tuesday: We a lot of washing to do. The area we are in is very big and the number of people who don't speak English is plenty. It isn't easy to find new investigators but we are trying. Wednesday: We had nothing. We went to midweek which people actually came to this time. It is so awesome when people come.  Thursday: It was powerful! I can't really remember what we did but it was powerful. We had a super sweet lesson with our guy Frank! That guy is powerful and prepared but is struggling to keep commitments. Hopefully we will see him being baptized on MY BIRTHDAY! Going to be sweet! Friday: We went and collected a package and two letters from our district leader. Thanks to baye for the powerful gifts! My companion and I enjoyed Paa!!!!! Saturday: We worked all day and it was nice. We taught our powerful people Dotty and MAvis and their sone Adieolu. They are super sweet and have their date for the 24th as well! Please pray for them. Sunday: It was good. Monday ( today): We went and got our hairs cut by Elder Snow. It was nice. We then went to lunch. Afterwards we went to play basketball which I am getting better at! When we were playing, some Muslims came and set up their volley ball stuff. So we all went and played with them. It was so much fun!!!!
So this Sunday, my companion and I were privileged to be part of 3 blessings. It was very powerful to see the true power of the Spirit be manifested in the room. I know I could feel it. I am very grateful for the Savior's promise of the comforter. It is so so true. 
Well I hope you will all continue to pray for this branch and area. 
One funny story: We were at a Recent Convert's house and she served us fufu in palm nut soup! That soup was straight off the fire! One second it was boiling in the pot and the next it was burning all over my hand! In the soup was hide. Cow hide. So leather..... It is bad to refuse anything so we had to take it. My piece was huge and as I was trying to rip it with my teeth and hand, I slipped and it sprayed soup all over my white shirt! That was dumb... but it was good fufu.
Anyways.... Love you all and can't wait for next monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment