Monday, June 20, 2016

9 Months!

Family and Friends,
Hey see heat! I'll just stay here I guess. Maybe in a year and 3 months it'll chill out. This year is going by so fast! I am already 9 months on mission! almost at that year mark wati ase?
It is sweet that all these missionaries are coming out! In our mission, we have 13 leaving this wednesday to go home and 13 coming and next transfer 13 are leaving and none are coming! Its crazy! This transfer has now ended and I am transfer number three in Obuasi still with Elder Larson. He's fantastic. We work hard and have fun together. We are planning a trip to Arizona for me and a trip to California for him. Its going to be sweet! Neither one of us speaks proper english any more and we always are laughing at the slip ups we make? Cool about Ty Art? Maybe I'll get to train him! That would be sweet! 
This zone conference was powerful. It was all about pride and what it is and how to kill it. If you have the chance, read Beware of Pride by President Ezra Taft Benson. It is enlightening. 
Last transfer was rough just because of the people in the apartment and the area is getting rough. It was probably the most close I have ever been to Heavenly Father I have ever been. Through all the struggles and challenging things, The Saviour was with me every step of the way. 
One miracle that was so amazing to me was a time last transfer when I had been praying hard for some things that were on my mind. I bought a small speaker in Nkawkaw and filled my drive with music from the zone leaders when I was there. As I went to iron my shirt I had the music on and as I listened to one song, every part of my prayer that morning was answered. I have tried many times to try and find that song. I haven't heard it again. At times it blows me away to know that God would have a choir of his angels sing to me, a young missionary serving in a small village in Ghana. That he was mindful to the details my heart fills me with gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father and His Only Begotten Jesus Christ. I love this Gospel and can't wait to serve as its teacher all my life! 
Til next week! Love you all.
Elder Walch

No comments:

Post a Comment