Monday, April 11, 2016

His Glorious Name!

Hey family!
I am glad you appreciate the snail story. It was nicer than I thought it would be!
Anyways thank you all so much for all that you do! I love and am grateful for each and everyone of you.
The teaching here in Obuasi Asonkore 2 is going well. We have found a lot of people and hopefully they will all be serious. We just had a baptism yesterday of a 17 year old boy named Samuel. His sister is Constance who was just baptized in January. 
Right now we are teaching a man named Richard Kuma. He is very powerful. He reads all the assignments we give him and is just very cool and everything! I love that man. He should be baptized by the end of this month or the beginning of next month if things go as planned. We also just started to teach a woman named Miriam. 
 When she called us over one night on our way home, we didn't expect anything. We came back yesterday and she told us she knows nothing of Jesus Christ and  feels like she needs to know about him. My companion is a younger missionary than me and so whenever there is a question he thinks is too hard, he just looks at me and waits. So I taught the whole time and testified of Jesus Christ as the Son of God. By the time the lesson was over, She committed to get herself a bible and is eagerly waiting for us to come again. This story brought to my mind just now something that President Cosgrave has taught us: even in the name of Jesus Christ there is power. Nothing bad that you think of can ever stay if you just simply think His name. I know that more than just the name of Jesus Christ is needed to compel someone to follow him. It takes a witness of His name through the Holy Ghost that allows us to know exactly for sure His everlasting love for us. I am so grateful to be a witness here of His glorious name and for the privilege it is to wear display on my chest day by day. I love Him and I know that he lives, and just as Elder Holland said in this past conference, He loves me. 
I love you all tons!


Elder Walch

No comments:

Post a Comment