Tuesday, March 15, 2016

No one ever said it would be easy.

Hello family:
I am glad to write to you today. This cafe is very much better than the one in Nkawkaw. I like Obuasi so far. I am happy to be here. However, your constant prayers are now needed more than ever. In first receiving my transfer news, President said it would not be easy. He repeated it a number of times and I was just listening not really absorbing that part. When I came to the mission home the first day, I met him (my new companion) I instantly was reminded of the words of President Cosgrave. My companion is a good guy, however, there are some things that are not going to work out. He is the opposite of my personality. Nothing bad has happened yet we get along because I am trying my hardest to veiw myself as the problem. I know that the only thing that will keep me going is faith, prayers, and hard work. I love the Gospel. I know it is true. I know that God can make more of me than I can make of myself. Everyone has hard times. Everyone has something that they need help with. With the Atonement of Christ, all things are made possible and bearable.
I love you all and don't worry, I'm going to come out on top.
 Elder Walch
Elder Walch with Zone Leader Elder Udoh (before leaving for Obuasi)

Elder Walch with last companion in Nkawkaw, Elder Kabemba


"My new room in Obuasi"

This is what Obuasi looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment