Monday, March 28, 2016

AHHHH... Good times in Obuasi!

hello family! 
Ok so first a couple of questions: Do we have the following items in the United States: Plantain, Cassava, Ma (corn dough), A fufu pistol and mortar. I think for now that's all I can remember.
So this week went well. We enjoyed our zone conference on Tuesday. I completely forgot to send more pictures. But maybe this will make up for that. If I do say so myself I think I am pretty funny.
I am enjoying Obuasi and my companion and I are becoming good friends. 
Transfers are here this week and Elder Hill our district leader is leaving. Also leaving is the other companionship in the apartment, Elder Ike and brother Dzah. 
Anyways, this week as I went through my studying, I tried my hardest to listen to the voice of the Spirit to teach me things I had never realized before. One thing that President Cosgrave has taught us is that we learn more things from what we listen to than to the things that we hear. As I tried hard this week to listen to the Spirit, I felt and heard so many things that I didn't know before. It was a very personal moment when I was able just to listen and fell the teachings of Jesus Christ on a much more personal level. I can feel that I am really beginning to grow and understand even more about things I already thought I knew. I know that the Spirit is real and is there to help us and lead us back to our Saviour's side.
Love,
Elder Walch
Well this past week has been somehow fun, culminating with yesterday. We went for FM with a member and pounded three HUGE balls of fufu which we ate with cow, Fish, and hide. IT WAS SO GOOD! Afterwards it started to rain so we had to wait inside the room. After the torrential downpour, We left. It was all of the Elders in the branch, two companionships. We took a route that was the fastest, the same way we came which led over a bridge. Well we didn't realize exactly how hard it rained until we got to the bridge. The area was flooded a good 8 feet in front of us to the bridge. It was a long trek to a different route, sooooooo we took off our shoes and socks, rolled up our pants, and waded across. We had someone take a picture of us once we got to the roadside. We all looked so funny!
Ahhhhhh good times here in Obuasi. 
                                    My companion's name is elder Naawu, a Ghanaian from Accra.

No comments:

Post a Comment