Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Big brothers are AWESOME!


This handsome young man had a question for his big brother on a mission- " I've got a deep question... Ok, I want to know how you can tell when you're being prompted to do something. I know I've had promptings before but I second guess them by thinking it's my own self conscious.I was wondering if you had any advice or insight that could help me out. Everyday I pray to be a better person, but I don't know if I can ever reach a higher potential if I don't know when I'm getting a prompting. You're the only person that I feel comfortable with asking because you are an amazing example to me and I love you so much. I read your emails and I see your pictures all the time and it makes me want to be just like you."

Ok so here is what I know:
The Holy Ghost is a personage of Spirit that has been designated to be with us always, as long as we are worthy of it. The most simple answer to this question is found some where in the Book of Mormon. It says that "that which is good cometh of God. That which is evil cometh of the Devil". Therefore, whenever you have a good idea, or a good thought, it comes of God. Whenever a good thought, or something you could do, is good, do it. The Spirit speaks in a still small voice. When you have a small thought, or just something pop into your head that is right, do it. The Spirit works differently for each person, however, the most common way for the Spirit to speak to us is in our hearts through feelings, or through our thoughts. For example: How do you know the Book of Mormon is true? Have you prayed and asked the Father in the name of Christ if it is true? Have you read it all the way through? If not, I challenge you to STUDY IT. Don't just skim the surface, SCUBA dive down into the depths. I know that through prayer and through faith in Christ all things are possible. I challenge you  this Christmas you do something different. Go about and actively seek for those who need service. As a servant of our Lord Jesus Christ I promise you that if you do this, The Spirit of the Lord will always have place in you, that  the seed of faith that you plant in your heart will swell. It will begin to enlarge your soul. It will enlighten your understanding. It will begin to be delicious to you. All these blessings can be yours if you just allow the Spirit to work in you. IN the name of Jesus Christ, I promise that you will receive the Spirit of joy, peace, and love for all men if you continue on in the faith and, as Joseph Smith said, "Look unto Christ in every thought; Doubt not, fear not."
I love you tons little bro and can't wait to see you again. Can't wait to call at Christmas time too. 
This cafe I'm in is crud so This email took all my time so I wasn't able to email the fam. Whatever, this is more important. Don't tell them I said that hahaha.
Well peace out bro. In the Words of Katelyn White: Keep on Keepin' On.


No comments:

Post a Comment