Tuesday, October 6, 2015


Hello Family and Friends
I am in Nkawkaw (pronounced Nkoko). My companion is Elder Asabere and he is the bomb He is from Ghana. I am physically exhausted. I am in the Hike-around-the-jungle-till-you-find-a-house area so everyday my thighs are shot. Its ok though cuz i wake up all nice and rested. Emotionally I am good too. Little scared but its ok. When I was at the Kumasi airport after arriving here a bunch of men with guns confiscated some of my stuff...like my face wash. I never would have that that that stuff was "illegal" or forbidden. My mission president President Cosgrave and is fantastic. He is a great guy. The food is absolutely sickening. I hate it. I had two dinners on Saturday. Both were fufu in a salmon soup. Too much Fufu : /
 
I am a man of few words so my emails are not long sorry.  And I never know what to say. My days are relatively short. We leave after training at around noon. We stay out til around 7 cuz it gets pitch black at 6.  Some of the people are super  nice and friendly while others like to yell "Stupid Obroni, America is stupid" at you. I do like it here though. It is super smelly but Elder Vause (remember Elder Reber that served in our ward well this is his friend from Utah and is in my district...small world) says i"ll get used to everything.
I didn't get to watch conference cuz the church has no satellite:/
  
 Can't wait for the letters!!! Its hot here and has rained every other day since i've been here. Also, basically no one speaks english here. Church was ok. Sacrament was good but the other lessons and then branch council were tough. 
I speak to them in English and my companion translates into Twi. I am learning it though. Can't wait for next week!!
  Ghana has basically no traffic laws. There are no seatbelts, no traffic lights or signs, and also no speed limits. Its absolute insanity. 

I have a few bites already. Its all dirt jungle and rocks. Oh and a holy ton of lizards. 

Tell everyone at home thank you so much for the prayers!!!
 
More Stories next time when I've been out teaching more.
Love, 
Elda Wash

No comments:

Post a Comment