Monday, October 19, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
I love hearing from you all …please send letters. ! I have received two letters: one from mom and one from sister Frankie.
My mom has the address.
The internet cafe I am in has wierdness when it comes to pictures and you have to pay extra:/ Maybe soon i can figure out the church wifi and send some pictures.
My machete is mostly being used to farm plantains and coconuts (some jungle walking ; ). These coconuts are dang good. I wake up every morning between 2 and 4 o'clock and cannot sleep again. So no I’m not sleeping better hahaha. However, when I should normally feel as if my body has been hit by a train, the Lord has really helped me keep my energy up.
The language is going pretty well. My companion is Ghanaian and has been teaching me phrases and how to respond. The people have gotten way easier to understand, basically overnight. 
We are going to be dropping a lot of investigators who refuse to progress. If you could please pray for: Bright, Gabriel, David, Justice, and Diana. These are our most special investigators.

Today's email came came in three parts...First the top part came and while I was reading it this next little one liner email came...
"teaching guy next to me. hold on a sec"   

I caught him at the computer!!!! So I held on a sec, more like 20 minutes then third email. He answered some of my questions and was just so sweet. It was so fun being able to email back and forth for a bit till his time ran out. 

I have no oven. I have a propane stove and a blender. I am keeping a daily journal. I almost cried when I saw that picture! Elyse is getting so big!! Everyone looks so good! 
No we don't have primary programs cuz there are only like 10 kids. 
Tell Julia Johnson good luck for me! 
Hooray for Chad passing the sacrament! I'll be back before he turns 14 so I can stand in the circle!! 
Oh yeah and about the temple: I couldn't do the names because we were not allowed to do baptisms, only endowments. I got to do one of Elder Lierd's ancestors though which was pretty sweet.
Just being out here makes me super happy. My testimony has grown so much. The people here all say the phrase " By the grace of God, ( In Twi: Naa me a Dame) " before a lot of sentences. As I thought about it I had a great feeling of joy as I have come to know of God's love for everyone. These people may not have very much but they have enough to always praise the Lord for it. They see and accept His hand in all things. They are true Christians in word and in deed. We can all learn a lot from these people.
I love you all.
Love,
Elder Walch

He sounds so great , don't you think? His service blesses our family everyday. I feel so lucky to have a missionary out. It's tough having him gone for so long but he is doing ETERNAL WORK!

This is the picture I sent to him from the ward Trunk or Treat.





No comments:

Post a Comment