Thursday, April 28, 2016

I AM...

Good Whatever time it is there Family! 
Thank you all for the stories and family updates! I got an email from Steven today about it. It is very exciting indeed! 
I am much grateful to all of you for your love and support. One of the things I really enjoyed about emailing this week was receiving talks from dad written by dad and Danielle. They were both very nice and I learned a lot from them.
This week was not easy in terms of missionary work. My companion is very stubborn and thinks that since I came to meet him in Obuasi, he is in charge. He is also older than me which is making things extra difficult for me. Now I write these things to preface a testimony. Through all of the difficult days, the greatest source of help has come from studying about Jesus Christ. One thing that our mission president has counseled us to do is study a scripture about Christ every day. In doing that, I have found many scriptures that I have been able to use in teaching and also to use to illustrate a topic to my companion. Through studying these scriptures on Christ, I have grown in my appreciation of the Saviour more and more. One verse that I have grown to love is in John. I have to have my scriptures in order to tell you the exact place but I can quote it "I am the resurrection and the life. He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live". Why this verse means more to me is that to me it can be taken two ways. The obvious one is through Christ we will all be resurrected and live. The other is dealing with spiritual death. Though we are all dead because of sin, we can all live again and have eternal life through Jesus Christ our lord and Redeemer. I know he lives and loves us all.
Elder Walch


No comments:

Post a Comment