Monday, February 1, 2016

Till we meet again Beloved Companion Elder Asabere (He is off to Tamale...)


Fantastic is my response to all of it. Feeling good and happy.
All right so some news:
My beloved companion is being transferred up north to Tamale to be a Zone Leader. I go to pick up my new companion Elder Cabimba on Wednesday. From what I hear he is a great Elder and I will enjoy him. Elder Vause is also leaving. He however is going way out west to Sierra Leone as a reassignment by the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
This week went by well:
Monday: Zone Activity in the mountains. It was pretty fantastic. 
Tuesday: District Council: As always good.
Wednesday: Specialized training by President and sister Cosgrave and the Zone Leaders. Very well put together and organized. There I received many letters and 3 packages. Thank you all for that.
Thursday: Exchanges with Elder Vause. Very good day with and experience I will note below.
Friday: Weekly planning.
Saturday: Baptismal Interviews. 
Sunday Baptism: We were able to baptize a young man named Oseii Emmanuel. I had the privilege of doing the ordinance. 
Ok so beginning with the experience we had on Thursday. Elder Vause and I were going to an appointment for a progressing investigator named Annette. Before this meeting with her we were skeptical as to her seriousness. We went and began teaching and began to speak about Joseph Smith. We paused and she jumped in speaking Twi. We were with a member for this lesson who translated for us. Annette said that she had been having dreams about the Second Coming of the Saviour. She said she was with her sisters and the Earth began to go through the final destruction. She saw the Saviour appear in Great glory in the sky and began to run to Him with her sisters. As she neared him she notice she couldn't get closer. A door appeared in front of them and she could only see the Saviour and not go to Him. She tried the door but it wouldn't open. She then woke up. Once she awoke she got the impression that there was something she had to do in order for her to get through the door. She saw us walking down the roadside one day and said that she felt that something we had could get her the key to the door. 
Just like this dear sister of ours had said, there is something that we as missionaries bear that will lead you to the key to eternal life. The message we carry will reveal the key to the doorway of eternal life and explains why I am even here in Africa. I am here to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As I told one man this past week that I wouldn't have come to Ghana, I wouldn't have left my comfortable hometown for something I thought was true. I only would be here if I knew it was true. I am here to win souls for Christ. I am here as his servant and will submit to His will in all things. I love the gospel with all my heart and am so blessed to be here serving my God and King.
The two pictures below are of me eating a traditional dish called eto made of plantain, onion, oil and groundnuts. It is very nice. The other is of the baptism. Before anyone can say it, I have lost a lot of weight since  those clothes fit me better. 
Love, Elder Walch






.

No comments:

Post a Comment