Monday, February 22, 2016

The Lost Sheep

Now this week went by not so good. Our area boundaries got changed up so it is kind of like white washing an area. Don't really know where anything is but it will be fun  to explore. So monday was p-day, tuesday was Zone council, wednesday was exploring ( pretty much hiking) thursday same as wednesday, friday my companion was sick. Saturday same as friday. We have found a very powerful new investigator named Kingsley. He is a Roman Catholic who is very very interested in the church and the Book of Mormon. He even translated the teachings into Twi for his wife, brother, and sister-in-law. I really love that man.
Ok so this sunday we had a PEC meeting. We went and began discussing the various things and when it came to discuss the challenges with missionary work I brought up an inactive sister named Eugenia. As I mentioned the word less active the Relief Society president went off on me about how its a waste of time to deal with them and how they are the most annoying people in the church. Now Ghanaians are loud, but I found out yesterday just how loud I can be. I began to speak and honestly I can't remember what I said. The room got quiet and at the end I know I said "Now, Elder Kabemba and I are going to see Eugenia at 6:00 tonight. Who in this room will bring their families and themselves with us?" With that, every person in the room raised their hand and at 6:00 we all went to Eugenia's house. What I have learned and gained a stronger testimony about from this experience is that more important than finding new people to bring into the church is to go out and find those that have strayed. Jesus Christ himself counseled us to go, leave the 99 and find the 1 that is lost. It is so so sad to see those you love and care about fall away. The pain that was in Eugenia's sister's, Grace's, eyes when she told us Eugenia said she won't come again hurt my heart. I know that God is pleased with us staying in the church but he is even more pleased when we bring others back to full activity in the church. 
Thank you all so much for all you do. Love you all tons!
Elder Walch

2 comments:

  1. WOW ..that was an amazing story about Eugenia ..Good for you Elder Walch ! I can just see you standing up for the RIGHT!! Stay strong ....Love, Sister Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes bringing back the ones that aren't coming in even harder to do. Bless you for having a testimony of that! I wish we had an Elder Walch to come after our 2 kids! Love all your pictures! Love, Jim and Deanna Elkins

    ReplyDelete