Monday, November 23, 2015

The Lord is mindful of each of us.

Dear Family and Friends,

I am keeping a pretty good journal. Almost every night. I always write about the funny things that happen throughout the day. I have begun to write how I talk which when I call home will sound slow and funny. 
Alright so this week on monday at around 12 noon our water went out. It turns out that the fire last week damaged the wiring in the building. We have had to draw water from the well outside everday twice a day to shower and flush. Its crazy. My hands are blistering and some of the food I think i ate gave me a rotten stomach. Such a bad time for runny tummy. 
SO a report of my week: Monday: No water; got the flu
Tuesday: Zone Council; home with flu. 
Wednesday: Runny tummy begins; Met powerful new investigator named bro Ebeneezer.
Thursday: Exchanges with Zone Leader Elder Udoh. Super fun day.
Friday: Lead planning meeting. Found powerful investigator named bro Ransford.
Saturday: Normal proselyting day.
Sunday: Watched General Conference in Twi so sadly I got jack squat out of it.
As I have come to see while here, Heavenly Father really wants to help me. As I was laying in bed between bathroom trips I just got really depressed and somehow angry and started to ask why is this happening and why am I in all this pain? Why can't it just be easy? I'm here for the Lord so why won't he help me get better? As I was thus wallowing in my self despair a thought popped into my head that is found in Doctrine and Covenants 121 when the prophet Joseph Smith is in Liberty Jail and has just learned of the saints' sufferings in Missouri. The prophet asks these same kind of questions but instead of I's it is meant for the saints. He asks why he and the saints are being allowed to endure their afflictions. The Lord's response to him was Peace be unto you my son. Thine afflictions and thine adversities shall be but a small moment. And if thou endure it well thou shalt be exalted on high. (this is a paraphrase) As I read that I felt instantly better spiritually. I realized that the Lord is truly mindful of me and my situation here and is more than ready to help me when I ask him in faith. 
So even though this week was an exceptionally rough week, the Lord sped it along quickly and made it truly seem as but a small moment. 
I know that the Lord is truly mindful of each and every one of us as His children. All we have to do feel His love for us is have the faith to feel it. I love this Mission and I love these people and coming home in two years is gonna be very difficult for me. I am probably going to cry more when I leave here than I did when I left...
Love you all so so SO much and thank you for your prayers on my behalf. 
Can't wait to call home and hear all your voices!! 
Love Elder Walch

No comments:

Post a Comment