Monday, November 2, 2015

Stories...his patriarchal blessing says that if he is obedient he will be kept out of harms way. That brings peace of mind, considering...

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm so glad Hutch is on the list!! He's a cool guy. I'll get him a machete.

I have not yet had the chance to speak in church. The Sacrament meetings here tend to be really irreverent. They had there primary presentations this last week and the place was a mad house. Elder Vause and I were quite peeved but our companions thought it was normal.
I have not been back to the mission home. I might not go back till after Christmas if at all. 
I have received letters from the Dieberts and dad. I have written responses that should be mailed this Saturday. I have also received your packages and am now currently candyless. Thank you tons for those by the way.
The town I live in contains around 500 people. My area contains about 3000 I would guess. Note: the 3000 in my area live in the villages outside of town by the names of Nsuta, Soldier Line, Assaase Aban, Amanfrom, and Kwaman. We have probably contacted everyone it feels like. This place is covered by jungle. We have the Mpraeso hills to the north and east and other hills to the south. My buddy Elder Burdge is in Mpraeso.  
This week went by pretty quick. Sunday President Cosgrave came to Sacrament and gave us some supplies and said hello. Monday was the usual prep day. Tuesday we went contacting all the way out in Kwaman and worked our way back to Assaase Aban through the bush. Wednesday we did the same through a different route. Note: Kwaman is about 10 miles away by road. The bush makes it like 12. Thursday was good we found a lot of people. Friday we went back and taught the people from Thursday. Saturday we had a lot of lessons. And Sunday we met with both branches at branch 1's time so we were late to church. 
I only have heard from Elders Burdge and Lierd and from what they said they are loving it!! 
I love potlucks. We had a district activity in which the sisters made Bankuu. i have no clue how to explain it. Its in general sour and sticky. I have come up with my return meal: A hamburger wrapped in Carne Asada; wrapped in bacon; deep fried; covered with all the melted chesses; deep fried again; then topped with toasted sourdough buns. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
There is no Halloween and no Christmas:/ They like to ride in the back of trucks and play loud instruments at 2:00 am though! That's just as fun....
Stories: I was almost struck by a drunk man with a machete raving about Obama and  gays. Fun. Loads of reeking-breath fun. 
Anyways I love it here! 
Tell Benji I will be praying for his success and that I am thankful for his example. 
I finished the Book of Mormon again and prayed to know if it is true. We always challenge investigators to do it and I have done it before but I wanted to do it again. The response I got was overwhelming. That this book is the most perfect book on earth. I beg those who read these emails, members and non-members, to read the introduction and the testimonies of the 3 and 8 witnesses, and Joseph Smith and then to pray with real intent to the Father in the name of Christ if these things are true. I promise that the resulting feeling will fill you with a joy that you will never ever forget. Even though life is full of trials, hardships, and struggles, the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ is there to pull us out of our own personal chasms. Christ has overcome all, so take His hand and follow Him. As I have come to know of His love for me, you too will be able to know that he is there, that he loves you, and that there is always a plan. This is what I love most about what we teach. I leaves these things with you all to ponder and to put to the test in His sacred name, even Jesus Christ, amen.
Elder Walch

No comments:

Post a Comment